Speedqb TEAM vs TEAM (5 on 5)
- Each team may only have 5 players in the game each match.
- Substitutions are allowed before/after each match. Subs are not allowed during the match, in between rounds
- Injury substitutions: if a player is injured during match, a substitution is allowed. Injured player is not allowed to return to participate in later matches of the same event
- Ringer substitutions are allowed for that event only. Ringer cannot compete on multiple teams at the specific event, must only play for one team. (ringer= non-team member and/or a member of a different team)
- One Match = 3 or 4 Rounds (determined per event, based on number of teams and event time constraints)
- Champtionship matches = 5 rounds
- Coin toss before each match, winner chooses which side of map for first round
- Round = 3:00 min max
- 3 round matches: Team wins match by winning 2 of 3 rounds. If one team wins first two rounds, 3rd round is not requiered
- 4 Round matches: Team wins match by winning 3 of 4 rounds. If each team wins two rounds, total points are factored to determine the winner of the match. If one team wins first 3 rounds, the 4th round is not required.
- 100 Points per round
- 25 pts First Flag Possession
- 50 pts Flag Hang (Ends the round)
- 5 pts Each Player eliminated (5 players = 25 pts max)
- Bonus 15pts awared if the flag is hung with at least oneopposing player not eliminated
- Team Ready Warning. Verbal and visual ready confirmation by ref with both teams
- Round begins by Horn / Whistle blow from ref. No countdown before horn/whistle
- Each Round is 3:00 min max time. At the end of 3 minutes, horn/whistle ends the round and points are calculated
- Obtain possession first (25 pts)
- When flag is in possession, flag must be clearly visible by refs (cannot hide flag in pocket or dump pouch)
- After possession of flag, flag may be dropped intentionally on field. Flag may be passed to other team members via direct transfer or dropping flag (no throwing flag)
- Flag Hang on opposing spawn point (50 pts / Ends the Round)
- If Flag-bearer gets hit, flag must be dropped where bearer was hit, within 5 feet of hit location (25 pt team penalty for late flag drop, outside of 5ft from hit location)
- Teams “breakout” from a starting wall/bunker located at center of Team Spawn point.
- Each Team Spawn point is marked 8ft wide, along the starting wall/bunker
- One foot must be touching spawn wall/bunker within the 8ft spawn point before round begins
- All guns must be physically touching the spawn wall/bunker within the 8ft until round begins (25 pt team penalty for early break or guns not facing/pointed at spawn wall)
SEMI AUTO ONLY
- All types of guns are allowed
- One trigger pull = One shot (feathering OK)
- All guns must have trigger guard
- Double/extended triggers are not allowed
- Rifles = Mid Caps Only (200rd max per mag)
- Pistols = Extended Mags and M4 Mag Adapters OK, no DIY mag adapters (200rd max mid caps only)
- Shotguns = Shell Fed or AR Mag (200rd max mid caps only)
- No limit on total number of magazines/shells
- Weapons with stocks: stock must be touching arm or shoulder when engaged
- BB max weight and Joule limits = 1.14 Joules maximum. Maximum 0.3 gram BB´s (chrono using 0,3 gram BBs)
– Note: BB max weight and Joule limit may be different in some regions based on the field´s safety policies
– Global Championships in Los Angeles = 1.14 Joules, Max 0.3 gram BB´s
- After each set, players will be chrono spot-checked üer ref discretion. Shooting hot = player is removed from the event, no exceptions. Team plays short one player for the event.
NO MINIMUM ENGAGEMENT DISTANCE
- No “surrenders” / No “bang-Bang” kills
- Knife kills count
REFEREE / OFFICIALS
- Officiator conducts Team Ready Warning and controls Game Start/End
- Officiators have full power to call hits upon players and pull players
- Officiators have final call to any disagreement/decision on field
- Any bodily contact with a BB is considered a Hit. This includes any part of bodily gear, such as backpack or camera.
- Hits are signaled by players by raising/waving their hand and immediately exiting the field to the nearest deadbox.
- Zero verbal communication by dead players upon being hit, leaving the field, and while in the deadbox.
- Gun Hits do not count
- If opposing players shoot each other same time, both players are out.
- Dry fires do not count as a hit. Ricochets do not count as a hit.
- Ricochets do not count as a hit
- FOULS = Not calling your hit, intentional or inadvertent
- 1st offense: Team loses that round automatically, loses all points for the round. Player is marked (on wristband, on colored band, etc) per offense.
- 2nd offense by same player: Team loses that round automatically, loses all points for the round. Player is marked and pulled from the rest of the match. The affected team plays one man short, no substitutions for rest of the match.
- 3rd offense by same player: Team loses that round automatically, loses all points for the round. Player is marked and pulled from rest of the event. The affected team plays one man short for the remaining matches.
- 4th offense: Team loses the match, eliminated from the tournament.
- FALSE STARTS (early launch) = Team loses 25 pts
- LATE FLAG DROP (flag bearer doesn’t drop flag immediately when hit, dropped more than 5 ft from hit location) = Team loses 25 pts
- CHRONO VIOLATION = player with weapon shooting over the FPS/Joule limit is pulled from the event, team plays short for remaining matches.
- JUMPING OVER BARRIERS = field discretion to allow jumping over barriers based on field safety policies
- Official Tournaments are Double Elimination Format. A team must lose twice to be eliminated. Win bracket champ must be defeated twice by the Loss bracket champ.
- Championship Matches are best of 5 rounds.
- Non-tournament event formats may include other formats such as single elimination or round robin variations.
- Official Tournament brackets are determined by annual rankings by region, which are updated monthly.
- Higher rankings result in a more favorable bracket for the team in regional and national tournaments.
- Ranking events = sanctioned SpeedQB events
- Rankings are determined by the total number of match wins by the team, during ranking events. Losses by the team are not factored into ranking, only total match wins.
- Wins by a team that is competing outside of their region are factored into their home region’s ranking, not the visited region’s rankings.
- If multiple teams are tied in total wins, the team with higher attendance to ranking events (in-region or outside of their region) is ranked higher.
- Regional rankings are updated after each sanctioned event.
Rights & Usage of Marks
SpeedQB® is a protected trademark and is dedicated to curate and maintain quality of this original format of gameplay.
For info about upcoming SpeedQB events please check the Events page.
If your field is interested in hosting licensed SpeedQB® Format games/events, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org